Test preparation includes familiarizing yourself with the test format, evaluating your proficiency level, making decisions about when to take the test, creating a study plan to improve knowledge and skills in English, and studying test-taking tips.
If you know exactly what to expect in advance, you will approach the test with greater confidence. The test format includes features such as:
- Length and timing: How long does each part of PTE Academic last? How much time is allowed for each section and each item type?
- Quantity: How many parts are included in the test? How many sections are included in each part? How many items are included in one section?
- Layout: How is each item type presented on screen?
- Instructions: What task needs to be completed for each item type? How are responses recorded?
- Item types: How are different item types presented on screen? What tasks need to be completed? What skills are assessed? How are responses scored?