Fables of Engineering and it’s Realities
As a rustic, our love for IITs and engineering as a profession is known. No marvel India has been christened because the land of engineers. The nation’s romance with engineering is such that the second a baby is born, the mother and father’ dream of making them engineers start. The quantity of aspirants showing in exams like Joint Entrance Exams (JEE) and BITSAT are a sworn statement to our obsession.
Aspirants queue up exterior teaching centres and pay hefty charges, hoping to sooner or later reside their dream of learning in esteemed IIT’s and NIT’s. Unfortunately, this has changed into a rat race slightly than an establishment of studying.
Dialogues like ‘Engineer banna hain na beta?’ ‘Aur engineering ki tayyari kaisi chal rahi hai?’ are sometimes heard flying across the society that we reside in. The folks of this nation have created such hullabaloo about engineering and now myths and fables have now fashioned round it.
Let’s analyse some of these myths and attempt to look past the bubble:
- Myth: You will turn into a millionaire or be the CEO of a startup, as quickly as you graduate!
- Reality: Yes, it is a chance however not as quickly as you graduate. There are lakhs of college students with the identical dream adorning their eyes. You ought to have trade expertise and data to have the bundle of a millionaire or be an IIT or NIT graduate. To conceptualize a startup concept is simple however to execute plans not solely requires funds but in addition expertise.
No success story is a fairytale and it’s positively not devoid of arduous work.
- Myth: A enterprise diploma after engineering is the one logical step!
- Reality: This assertion is as illogical as it will probably get. Why enroll in an engineering course, when your final purpose is to get to a managerial job? Neither will you’ve got wasted a seat and taken away the chance from an engineering aspirant but in addition have lowered the worth of your engineering diploma.
- Myth: Engineering may be very troublesome!
- Reality: It turns into troublesome as a result of most college students after admissions, let go of the depth with which that they had given exams like JEE, BITSAT and so on. No marvel whenever you enroll in an engineering course, issues are sure to get troublesome however the way you deal with it issues. Dedication at school, specializing in ideas and some planning could make engineering a breeze. One factor is for positive that engineering will mould you for many of your troublesome conditions in life.
- Myth: Engineering is all that issues and institutes don’t!
- Reality: Engineering from institute may give your profession the specified kickstart however not all institutes can present that. The notion that any engineering diploma will assist form your profession and future is fake. You need to get into institute to get the specified job and the specified wage. The key to stepping into institute is to ace exams like JEE and BITSAT.
- Myth: Engineering will remedy all of your life issues!
- Reality: No, it gained’t! ‘Engineering kar loon bas, life set ho jayegi!’ is the most important lie that one inform your self. No one is ready for you with jobs on a silver platter after getting accomplished your engineering. Just like some other area of examine or any trade, it’s important to show your value not solely to get employed but in addition to justify the remuneration you want. India produces the best quantity of engineers and to tell apart your self from the remaining you actually should be good.
- Myth: Engineers can restore something!
- Reality: Have you ever heard of this? ‘Beta engineering ki hain na tumne? pankha/AC kaam nahi kar raha, usse thik kar do’. Yes, most engineers and even those learning engineering face this. It doesn’t matter if you’re learning in IT, Civil or Mechanical department this query will hang-out you your complete life. Such is the parable of engineers.
This article isn’t about discovering faults with the engineering stream, however to offer you a actuality examine. Engineering continues to be revered as a profession in our nation which is quick growing and rightly so, however the causes to decide on the sector of examine wants to alter. Be an engineer since you wish to be one and not as a result of the society dictates you to be or as a result of of the false bubble we reside in.